Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service
Please read this document carefully! It contains very important information about your rights and obligations, as well as limitations and exclusions that may apply to you.
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions that apply to purchases by customers of Planet Scuba India Pvt Ltd (“Planet Scuba”) that will be provided to you (“Customer”) on orders for scuba equipment and/or related products and/or services and support sold by Planet Scuba in India. By accepting delivery of the scuba equipment, other products and/or services and support described on that invoice, Customer agrees to be bound by and accepts these terms and conditions. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your Planet Scuba purchase, you may return it under the terms and conditions of Planet Scuba’s return policy.
These terms and conditions apply (i) unless the customer has signed a separate purchase agreement with Planet Scuba, in which case the separate agreement shall govern; or (ii) unless other Planet Scuba standard terms apply to the transaction.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, in Planet Scuba’s sole discretion.
- Other Documents.Other than as specifically provided in any separate formal purchase agreement between Customer and Planet Scuba, these terms and conditions may NOT be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of any other document(s). Any attempt to alter, supplement or amend this document or to enter an order for product(s) which is subject to additional or altered terms and conditions will be null and void, unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by both Customer and Planet Scuba.
- Governing Law.This agreement and any sales there under shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India.
- Payment Terms; Orders; Quotes; Interest.Terms of payment are within Planet Scuba’s sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to by Planet Scuba, payment must be received by Planet Scuba prior to Planet Scuba’s fulfillment of an order. Payment for products and services and support may be made by credit card, wire transfer, or cash or some other prearranged payment method unless Planet Scuba has agreed to credit terms. Planet Scuba may invoice parts of an order separately. Orders are not binding upon Planet Scuba until accepted by Planet Scuba. Any quotations given by Planet Scuba will be valid for FIFTEEN DAYS or for the period stated on the quotation. Customer agrees to pay interest on all past-due sums at the highest rate allowed by law.
Payment made towards dive services such as scuba diving lessons and dive trips (tourism) will necessarily need to be made in full in advance. If the Customer has not availed the service within 90 days of making payment, the Customer shall forfeit the advance paid in its entirety
Shipping Charges; Taxes. All equipment is shipped on TO PAY basis unless otherwise agreed upon. If the Customer wants an exact shipping quote before the order is shipped, Customer should email Planet Scuba the specific request. Taxes are as applicable. If applicable, a separate charge for taxes will be shown on the invoice.
- Title; Risk of Loss. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by Customer or Planet Scuba is Customer’s responsibility.
- The limited warranties applicable to scuba equipment are included from the manufacturer of the equipment in the documentation provided with the products. There are no warranties for services. Planet Scuba makes no express warranties except those stated in Planet Scuba’s applicable warranty statement in effect on the date of the invoice. Any such warranties will be effective, and Planet Scuba will be obligated to honor such warranties, only upon Planet Scuba’s receipt of payment in full for the item to be warrantied
- Return Policies.Any equipment purchased from Planet Scuba may be returned for a replacement, excluding any shipping charges, if returned with all original packaging and literature as long as the product is not used – and is delivered to Planet Scuba in as new condition within 14 days of purchase.
- Planet Scuba will exchange products or portions of a product within 30 days of purchase as long as the product is in good condition and was not abused in any way. Exchanges do not apply to any custom ordered or custom fit items and all original packaging and literature must accompany returned products and all products must be in as new condition with normal wear and tear for the 30 day period expected.
- Dive services such as scuba diving lessons and dive trips are booked and reserved in advance.
Courses once booked cannot be cancelled after you receive a mail from PADI
“No shows” are treated as non-refundable.
Once training dates are booked and confirmed , for any cancellation additional charges Rs. 1000/- will be applicable extra for each cancellation.
The training in Bangalore needs to be completed within 3 months from the date of registration or else the amount will be forfeited, no further schedules will be given.
The 4 Open Water Certification Dives should be completed within one year from the date of completing training in Bangalore.
For any additional Pool sessions other than scheduled, Rs. 1000/- will be charged per session
- Shortages and Shipping Damage.It is the responsibility of the Customer to check all packages for accuracy of contents within 48 hours of receipt. If any shortages occur, it is the responsibility of the Customer to contact Planet Scuba within 48 hours of receipt of package to file a claim for missing goods. In the case of shipping damage, the Customer will file a claim with the shipper.
- Planet Scuba continually upgrades and revises its products and service offerings to provide Planet Scuba customers with new products and service offerings. In the event that an ordered product is out of stock, Customer will be contacted prior to any substitutions.
- Planet Scuba acts as a Distributor.Any warranty and technical support provided on third-party products purchased through Planet Scuba are provided by the original manufacturer and not by Planet Scuba. These products may be returned only in accordance with the return policy in effect on the date of invoice. The warranties and technical support may vary from product to product.
- Limitation of Liability.Planet Scuba does not accept liability beyond the remedies set forth herein, including any liability for products not being available for use or the provision of services and support. Planet Scuba will not be liable for consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party except as expressly provided herein. Customer agrees that for any liability related to the purchase of products or services bundles with the products, Planet Scuba is not liable or responsible for any amount of damages above the aggregate rupee amount paid by Customer for the purchase of products or services under this agreement. Scuba diving equipment should only be used by certified scuba divers. Planet Scuba India does not accept liability for the use of scuba equipment by non-certified individuals.
- Binding Arbitration.Any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract, tort or otherwise, whether pre-existing, present or future, and including statutory, common law, intentional tort and equitable claims) against Planet Scuba, its agents, employees, successors, assigns or affiliates (collectively for purposes of this paragraph, “Planet Scuba”) arising from or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this Agreement (including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, relationships with third parties who are not signatories to this Agreement), Planet Scuba’s advertising, or any related purchase shall be resolved exclusively and finally by binding arbitration. The arbitration will be limited solely to the dispute or controversy between Customer and Planet Scuba. Any award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Applicable Law; End Customer agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various states and of the Republic of India. Customer agrees and represents that it is buying for its own internal use only, and not for resale.
- Service and Support.Planet Scuba will provide general technical support to Customer in the Republic of India, in accordance with the then-current technical support policies in effect. Service offerings may vary from product to product. Planet Scuba has no obligation to provide service or support until Planet Scuba has received full payment for the product or service/support contract for which service or support is requested.
- The section headings used herein are for convenience of reference only and do not form a part of these terms and conditions, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. So you are covered by the manufacturer warranty.